Are you looking for a pediatric dentist in Lexington? At Williams Family Dentistry, our general dentists provide care for the entire family. You’ll have the convenience of dental services at one location with a dentist who loves treating children.
What Is a Pediatric Dentist?
A pediatric dentist is a licensed specialist who has completed two years of post-graduate training in dentistry specifically for children. Most children don’t need treatment that requires a specialist, but if the need arises, Dr. Williams won’t hesitate to refer you to one.
Why Patients Prefer Our Family Dentists
There are several reasons many families choose Kentucky Dental Group:
- Comfort in having an established relationship with one dentist for the entire family
- Convenience of going traveling to just one office for dental care
- Ability to receive a variety of services, including sedation, implant, and cosmetic dentistry
Preparing Your Child for a Dental Visit
Our practice is family friendly. While they are very young, we encourage you to prepare your child for their own dental visit.
- Let your child watch as you floss between your teeth and brush them.
- Promote good oral hygiene at home. Help your child floss between their teeth and brush them.
- Let your child know you’re going to the dentist to make sure your teeth are clean and healthy.
- If your child is old enough to sit and watch, bring them with you to a dental cleaning appointment to observe as your teeth are examined and cleaned. If your child’s attention span will only allow them to watch for a few minutes, perhaps you can arrange for another adult to accompany you and care for your child for the remainder of your appointment.
When your child has dental appointments with us, we welcome you to come into the treatment room. We ensure every visit is positive and creates good memories for them. You’ll notice our consistency in several ways, including:
- We pay close attention to your child’s verbal and non-verbal cues regarding comfort, pain, or uncertainty.
- We speak with your child throughout the treatment to ensure they know what will happen next, why it’s happening, and why a dental tool is being used.
- Your child will never be pushed to have treatment.
- We proceed only if your child is agreeable.
- We listen to children and answer their questions.
- If a child wants us to stop, we will stop. It’s easier to reschedule an appointment than to erase a bad dental experience from their memory.
We Welcome You to Visit our Kid Friendly Office
Our staff members love children. We’ve also created an environment to make dental appointments fun and educational. There are several things kids love about our office, including:
- Children’s books and toys in our waiting area
- Interactive learning tools for dental education
- Dental models to teach them about oral health
- A toy of their choice to take home at the end of the appointment
We welcome you to visit our office, see the environment, and meet our staff. Bring your children with you. When you’re ready to schedule an appointment for your child, call us or request an appointment online.
“Thank you for making my granddaughter so comfortable and at ease during her first dental cleaning! This dental office is excellent with children. She is only 3 years old and had a very enjoyable experience! ”
– G. Walker