Whiter and brighter teeth. That’s the most common response when Americans are asked what they want to improve the most about their smile. At Williams Family Dentistry, you can choose in-office or take-home teeth whitening to make your smile sparkle.
Why Get Teeth Whitening at a Dentist?
Teeth whitening from a dentist has several advantages over other methods. And it’s safer. Consider the facts:
- Whitening toothpaste – The results will be very limited if it helps at all. Only minor surface stains will be removed.
- Whitening strips – The best strips are only ¼ to ½ as powerful as the professional-strength bleaching gel we offer. And you won’t get long-lasting results.
- Condition of your teeth – Depending on the condition of your teeth and the cause of the stains in them, teeth whitening might not be the best option. Sometimes, bleaching gel can irritate your teeth and gums or make stains more noticeable. Our dentists can anticipate the results and recommend the best treatment to brighten your smile.
- Results – Professional teeth whitening from a dentist will lighten the natural pigmentation of your teeth. Your smile will be brighter than ever.
Options for a Bright Smile
Zoom!® is a fast way to brighten your smile in just one visit. The whitening process is completed in three 15-minute sessions. Here’s what we do to give you a brilliant smile:
- Retract your cheeks and coat your gums with a protective gel.
- Apply bleaching gel to your teeth. We’ll give it a boost by shining the Zoom light on them.
- Rinse your teeth after 15 minutes and repeat the process twice.
At the end of the session, your smile will be brilliantly white. You’ll receive a touch-up kit to use at home to keep your smile bright. We will give you instructions on when and how to use it.
We offer traditional take-home whitening and Opalescence Go®.
- We will take impressions of your teeth to make customized bleaching trays.
- Each night for two weeks, you will put a small amount of gel in the trays and wear them as instructed. The bleaching gel will penetrate your teeth and break down embedded stains.
- In two weeks, your smile will sparkle.
- Let us know if you want your teeth even brighter, and we’ll give you instructions for continuing treatment.
The before-and-after photos below are an example of how brilliant your teeth can be after treatment.
Opalescence Go will make your teeth noticeably whiter, but it’s not as effective as Zoom or traditional take-home whitening. It doesn’t require impressions of your teeth or customized trays. You’ll receive ten trays that are pre-filled with bleaching gel. You’ll follow the steps below.
- Each day, place a set of bleaching trays on your teeth.
- Suck down or swallow to remove the outer tray. Swallow again to tighten the fit of the inner tray.
- We’ll tell you how long to wear the bleaching trays each day (30 to 60 minutes).
- After each use, remove the trays, throw them away, and brush your teeth.
At the end of ten days, you’ll have great results. It takes a few days for the color to stabilize. After that, if you want your teeth even brighter, you will need another set of trays.
Schedule a Teeth Whitening Consultation
If you’re interested in a dazzling smile, contact Williams Family Dentistry to schedule an appointment for a consultation and exam. If you’re not sure, you can schedule a complimentary consultation to find out if you’re a candidate and ask questions.